Trolley Dash 2023 Terms & Conditions
Entries are open from 16 Oct – 16 Nov 2023.
By entering this competition, you, as “the Participant” hereby accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition.
Furthermore, the Participant verifies that he/she is unaware of any reason legally prohibiting the Participant from entering this competition and if the competition requires the submission of photographs, artwork, or images of people, or of anything else that requires consent, that the Participant has the necessary consent and authority to do so if required.
Any Participant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition at any time. These rules can only be modified by the Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules (at the Promoter’s sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential Participants.
This competition is only open to residents of the Republic of South Africa aged eighteen years or over. The winners will be required to present a valid South African identity document.
The Promoters of this competition are Zevenwacht Mall Shopping Centre, the Excellerate JHI Group and the Investec Group. No person who is a director, employee, tenant, tenant staff member, agent of, or consultant to the Promoters, or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee, tenant, tenant staff member or agent of or consultant to the Promoters or the sponsor is eligible to participate in this competition.
This competition will run from 16 October 2023 to 16 November 2023. The winners will be contacted via telephone call within 7 working days from the date of the announcement.
- Only entries received via the entries competition box will be accepted.
- To enter, participants must spend R250 or more at any store. They must write their contact details and address at the back of the till slip and drop it in the entry box.
- Entries that are unintelligible or incomplete will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed, or damaged in transmission. Entries reflected on the Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 23:59 on 16 November 2023. No late entries will be accepted.
- The Trolley Dash will take place in the week of 22 November 2023 before trading hours at Spar, Zevenwacht Mall.
- Winners will be asked to complete an indemnity form before taking part in the Trolley Dash.
- Winners will be given a total of 4 minutes to complete the Trolley Dash up to the maximum value of R5 000.
- Winners whose trolley exceeds R5 000 will have the option to pay in the balance of the value for the items selected or forfeit it.
- Winners who do not shop up to the maximum value of R5 000 will not be allowed the option to take more items or be entitled to the maximum value of R5 000.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude certain items and include special conditions, which will be communicated upfront to the winner on the day of the Dash.
- The Trolley Dash will be overseen by a representative of Spar and Zevenwacht Mall Management Team.
- The prizes are 2 Zevenwacht Mall Spar Trolley Dashes to the value of R5 000 each.
- The winners will be drawn randomly on 17 November 2023. If a winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days of the announcement or chooses to decline the prize, then another winner will be drawn.
- The prizes is non-transferable, non-negotiable and is not redeemable for cash.
- Under no circumstances will the Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders be liable for all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
- The Participant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter and its promotional partners, their directors, employees, their agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or any claims in terms of POPIA.
- In terms of POPIA, the Participant(s) in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information about the Participants and accordingly the Participant(s), by part taking in the Promotional Competition, expressly consents to his/her Personal Information/Personal Data to be processed in order for the Promoter to onboard the Participant() as a Participant as contemplated in terms of these Competition Rules, and to share the Participant’s Personal Information/Personal Data with the Promote’s Customer(s), employees, contractors, agents or affiliates for the purpose of undertaking this Promotional Competition subject to the POPIA legislation.